If you are here then you hosted our April 18th event. Thank you!
Because you just hosted, If you apply with the short form below that you’d like to Host our October event you won’t have to wait until the third week of June to start accepting Athlete registrations. Instead, if you’re approved, we’ll put you on the Host list and map next week and give you the links you need to start accepting registrations then – a full three weeks before new Hosts are accepted and can take registrations.
Because of the server crash we realize you may have concerns. As one Host told me the event was fantastic except for the very end. “Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?” In addition to the brand new website you’re on we’ve made or are making the following enhancements:
- A far more powerful server to handle the massive visitor load Festivus Games is now experiencing
- For October we’re paying you 60% of the registration fees (10% more than April).
- Brand new Dashboard, Checkin, Scoring and Ranking system (simple, fast and very low server load)
- A backup Excel scoring sheet for October is already done and this one wasn’t created in a panic. We will never be caught without an offline option again.
- Athletes will order their own shirts, if they want one, and they’ll be delivered to their door. No shirts will be delivered to Hosts. Therefore, no shirts will be late and you won’t have to hand them out the day of the event.
- You decide what awards you want to give out. You can award our custom-designed Festivus Games trophies and new Festivus Games medals or you can award whatever you want to podium finishers. You are responsible for purchasing any awards you give out but we’re now paying you 60% of the registration fees collected (10% more than April) to more than cover the cost of awards.
- The October WODs http://festivusgames.com/divisions/ are now posted and they’re even more interesting and “unexpected” than ever before yet they are appropriate for each division.
- There’s a brand new Masters division!
We are just as committed to Festivus Games, our Hosts, Athletes and fans as before but now Jay and I are armed with more experience and incredibly painful lessons learned. If all but the very end was a positive experience for you before we hope you’ll fill out the brief form below and apply for the October 17th event. The deadline to re-apply for advanced listing as a Host is May 28th. After May 28th we’ll put applicants in the pool of the dozens we’ll have between now and June 22nd when Jay and I make our final selections for the October event.