Festivus Games Hosts’ News
The Google Drive folder is your goto for most everything you’ll need.
Your dashboard is where you go to edit your host profile data like contact info, number of Teams/Athletes you’ll allow, contact emails, ship to address, tax I.D. for payment etc. It’s also where you go to see all the Athletes who have registered for your location. Once you have Athletes you can download them into a CSV file for your favorite spreadsheet too.
While on your Dashboard page look for links in the upper left to go to other parts of the dashboard. Otherwise it’ll be pretty self-explanatory.
Do This –> Log in to your Host Dashboard https://festivusgames.com/dashboard, click on EDIT HOST PROFILE, and make sure all your data is correct, including how many total Athletes you are willing to accept. That is very important. Double check it!
When you first-ever log in to your dashboard go to this link and then just click LOST YOUR PASSWORD so you get a fresh password.
YOUR LOCATION PIN ON OUR MAP
Do This –> Visit http://festivusgames.com/host-list, find your box, click INFO and see if the pin on that map is where you are. If so? Good. If not? Let me know by email but please go to google and find yourself on a map first and then forward me that map link so I can have our coder make the correction. David @ FestivusGames.com is my email – with no spaces.
EDIT YOUR MAX ATHLETES
On your Dashboard click on EDIT HOST PROFILE and then scroll down until you see the area where we ask how many INDIVIDUALS you can handle or want. Make sure that number represents what you really want for this event.
LIKE & FOLLOW US TO STAY IN THE LOOP
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
We created a private Facebook group just for current Hosts! Let’s help each other out and use the power of our collective wisdom to create excellent experiences for our Athletes!
We don’t care about language. We’re not prudes. But we do care about civility. No flaming. No spamming.
WHAT ABOUT ADAPTIVE/ULTRA-SCALED ATHLETES
We are very welcoming of adaptive athletes and if you want to accept athletes who have a certain limitation that won’t allow them to perform our WODs with full range of motion that is up to you. If you can and want to accommodate adaptive/ultra-scaled athletes we encourage it. However, the only reps that count are the ones done strictly according to every standard we put out for the WODs. So it’s possible an adaptive/ulra-scaled athlete could get a score of zero for a WOD but still participate. If a particular WOD requires athletes to perform movements in a certain order and the athlete cannot proceed until they properly perform “X” movement then the score stops at their last properly performed rep in the proper order. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t let them continue and it certainly doesn’t mean you should be yelling NO REP! NO REP! with their movements. Be as inclusive as you can BUT score only those properly-done reps done in the proper order according to every WOD standard we have.
It’s pretty rare but we still get a Host every now and then who wants to know how to handle Athletes who can’t compete and want a refund. There are NO refunds – same policy as the CF Open and just about every single athletic event on earth now. We’re really clear on that right on the Athlete reg page. All an Athlete can do is donate their spot to someone else or get whatever $$ they can from another Athlete or just drop their spot. Can an Athlete forward their own REG to a future Festivus Games event? No. That would be an ever living nightmare to manage.
2 POUND ALLOWANCE
For events that require a barbell or kettlebell we allow a 2-pound variance. We do NOT allow this variance for wallball movements. So if we want a 44-lb kettlebell and you have a 42-46 that’s fine. If we want 33-lb for barbell 31-35 is fine. We see no reason to have you go and buy the “perfect” weight if you’re within 2 pounds on the kettlebell and barbell movements.
We do not provide them. We have found over the years Hosts need every single second up to the last minute to order and pick up volunteer/judges shirts. For that to happen you will need to use your favorite local screen printer.
We DO provide the round and rectangle Festivus Games logos as vector files (you provide either to your screen printer and they can make them whatever size/color you want for printing on whatever color/style shirt you want).
Maybe Your Screen Printer Will Trade for Their Name on the Back?
Some Hosts ask their local t-shirt vendor to sponsor staff-event shirts. The shirt vendor may then put their logo really small on the base of the neck on the back of the judges shirts or whatever you agree to. You might get all of the staff shirts for free or most of them for free. Never know unless you ask.
Love the Backs Several of Our Hosts Used
Secure 2 Swag Items Beyond What We Provide – Ideas Here
As a Host you’ll still need to add a couple swag items JUST FOR PODIUM ATHLETES (18) to the pot to fulfill your TERMS OF SERVICE but we really feel our starter swag is a great one.
Here is what Hosts in the past have given away as additional swag. Lots of cool ideas here.
- FREE Cruise (given away by a local travel agency to Host) supplement samples
- Advocare spark
- Paleo balls
- Gift certs to a rock climbing place and caribeeners
- Mini dumbell charms (ladies only)
- Wicked Wraps (wrist wraps) have donated 6 sets of wraps to the Winners of each Division.
- Progenex Blender Bottle Shaker Cups filled free samples for all podium athletes.
- Barbells & Ponytails discounts and more to come for ladies…
- Lululemon headbands with ATHLETE printed on them.
- Men get Beard Oil and Mustache wax samples
- Local brewery to sponsor first post drink!
- Sunglasses from Visionary Eye Center
- Coffee from Caffeine and Kilos
- Biosteel samples and wrist wraps
- Computer and iPad cleaners from a local contraction company
- Awesome fitness jewelry from March Fifth
- Lots of companies who have donated gift cards and certificates!
- progenex force pre wod samples
- doTerra brand essential oils samples
- monkey butter high protein peanut butter
- discount coupons for “Fits 4 You” a local sports clothing company
- discount coupons for CFC apparel
- FitAid to all athletes as well as 4 packs to the winners of the individual divisions.
- Progenex has sent us additional swag bags w/wristbands and samples of 3 products in each bag.
- Hylete is providing us w/gift certificates for division winners as well.
- Onesta Hair Care – Fully organic line made locally is donating hair care to each volunteer and participant
- 3M – Is headquartered in Minnesota. They are providing bandages and hand care for each participant and to supply for First aid Booth
- WholeMe – Is a local organic snack company. They are providing a bag of Banana Cinnamon Clusters for each participant
- Target – We have secured our facility as a Target Brand Connection ( also headquartered in Minnesota). They are proving items from their Personal Care line as well as coupons to each participant and volunteer
- Skinny Cow – Each participant and volunteer will receive a bottle of Skinny Cow iced Coffee
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste, Chapstick and floss – Sounds strange I know but after a long day who doesn’t like to brush their teeth? We have a local dentist who is providing all of these items for each participant.